​Ogg, Murphy & Perkosky​

     Call Toll Free 844.451.0104 OR 412.391.FIRM

      Or click here to Email Us


Pittsburgh's Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, and Workers' Compensation Lawyers 


Copyright 2015. Ogg, Murphy, & Perkosky P.C. 245 Fort Pitt Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15222   

Home  Contact  Personal Injury  Medical Malpractice   Workers Compensation  
All Rights Reserved.​ Website by
Golden Goose Media Group412.918.0822

Sexual abuse of children is a terrible problem that plagues society. In addition to the people who committed the crime, those who helped cover up the abuse need to be held accountable as well. In cases of sexual abuse, the law allows children to pursue civil claims against abusers and those who helped cover up or enable the abuse. Civil justice can not only make the guilty parties pay but can make it clear to your child that the abuse was not their fault.

Experience with civil sexual abuse cases against educational institutions

It is important to know that victims of sexual abuse, whether they are children or adults, have the right to bring a civil legal action against the perpetrator of their abuse. Our firm has successfully litigated a case in the Federal Court of the Western District of Pennsylvania against a Pittsburgh suburb high school and a number of its administrators for their actions relating to the sexual assault of one of their students.

In some cases, other institutions like churches, universities, colleges, non-profit organizations, high schools, businesses, and other parties can be held accountable if they covered up the abuse or did not do their due diligence to prevent it.

Civil cases are brought in addition to criminal cases

 If you or a loved one has been sexually abused by anyone and would like to discuss your options, I invite to call our firm for a free evaluation of your case. All consultations are completely confidential. A civil case may be brought in addition to a criminal case. If you or a loved one has been abused and you have not come forward, you can contact our office to help you find the right authorities to criminally prosecute your abuser. You may also contact your local police or district attorney's office.

It is possible to bring a civil case against an abuser, even if the state has determined that there is insufficient evidence to bring a criminal case or the criminal case was not successful. One of our experienced personal injury lawyers will be able to help you determine if you have a case.

If you or your child's trust has been violated by a coach, mentor, priest, teacher, or any other adult, please call our office today for a free, confidential consultation or email us now. If people stood by and allowed a sexual predator to harm your child, they need to be held liable.

Pittsburgh Sexual Abuse Attorney

​​​​Pittsburgh Sexual Abuse Attorneys